What Can I Do to Save My License?
Fight to save your license! If you drive after losing your license, you may have to pay a $10,000.00 bond to get out of jail. You also will face a minimum 30 days in jail as a sentence.
If you are here on a visa, you could be deported, if you drive without a license.
What can I do to save my license?
- First and foremost, hire an experienced attorney. There are many factors to consider.
- Request a hearing and request the officer’s presence. It will give you a preview of a trial, a rarity in criminal cases. The officer who signed the affidavit and notice of hearing must show up and justify the revocation. Other officers may be subpoenaed.
- Retest the sample. Testing errors may save your license.
- Investigate the adequacy of the stop. The officer must have had a reasonable suspicion that a crime or traffic infraction was being committed.
- Investigate the adequacy of the arrest and request for a test. The officer must have developed a reasonable belief that you were impaired by alcohol.
- Check the times of events. Officers must perform the tests within certain guidelines.
- Check the labeling of the sample. It must be identified as being yours.
- Attend the motor vehicle hearing. Listen for fabrications and other errors.
BEWARE: INTERNATIONAL DRIVER’S LICENCES